- 8-Channel SDI/HDMI Switcher
- NTSC/PAL, HD, Computer Signal Compatible
- 10-Channel Digital Audio Mixer
- Built-In Front Panel Controls
- Multiview Output through HDMI and SDI
- Upstream and Downstream Keyers
- DVE for Transitions and Keyers
- Photoshop Plugin for Graphics
- Media Players
Designed for broadcasters and A/V professionals, Blackmagic Design's ATEM Television Studio HD is a compact yet powerful and easy-to-operate solution. Four of each HDMI and SDI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis, and both sets of inputs support SD and HD resolution signals. The relatively small chassis can fit on a standard equipment rack with the separately available Teranex Mini Rack Shelf, so it can be brought on location for streaming video, or installed semi-permanently for recording or broadcasting from a studio.
The front panel keeps essential controls at arm's reach, while more advanced controls and settings, such as upstream and downstream keyers, graphics, media, and precise mixing for the 10 channels of available audio can be accessed through the USB interface or with an ATEM control surface. Move to the rear to reveal the BNC and HDMI connections for input and output. Multiview can be transmitted over SDI or HDMI to align with your equipment setup, and an AUX output lets you send video to an external display, which is great for live events with a projection setup. Four of the SDI outputs have embedded talkback audio for studio setups. Blackmagic Design Studio Cameras can also be controlled from the switcher for consistent looks across the board.
Choose from a wide range of transitions including cut, mix, dip, and wipe patterns. ATEM Television Studio HD makes every transition instantly available and gives you full control over type, pattern, length, and more.
Available transitions include:
- Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source on the preview bus.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve transition, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: ATEM Television Studio HD has 18 built-in wipe patterns. Choose from circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted, softened, or even have customized colored borders. You can even insert live video into the borders for further customization.
- DVE: The ATEM Television Studio HD has a powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE. You can push, spin, squeeze and swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in DVE transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options. With 35 built-in pre-programmed moves, you can get started with advanced transitions. Graphic wipes can also be created by combining a DVE transition with a logo created in Photoshop.
Layer live video over other video sources or graphics with the Upstream Keyer. You can use luma key, linear key, pattern key, or shoot against a green screen and use chroma key to instantly composite the video over virtual sets.
- Luma key: Luma keys are sometimes known as a self key because the same video source is used for cutting the key and overlaying the video image. Luma keys work best with high contrast images, like white elements on a black background, so you can use the contrast to cut the black background and replace it with live video or graphics.
- Linear key: Get clean, high-quality results with linear keying by using two separate sources for the fill and the key to create one video image. The fill signal contains the video to be stacked over the background, while the key signal contains a grayscale mask to cut out, or mask, the area to be filled.
- Chroma key: Used every day for TV weather forecasts, chroma keys are a powerful way of combining live images together in real time. The presenter typically stands in front of a green or blue background and the chroma keyer will remove only that color and combine it with another image, such as a video or graphic.
- Pattern key: Combine live images with any of the 18 built-in wipe patterns to combine live images or graphics with geometric shapes. You get full control over softness, symmetry, size, and position to create unique picture-in-picture effects that can be transitioned to as easily as any live source.
The ATEM Television Studio HD includes two downstream keyers so you can add high-quality graphics like logos, bugs, and titles from the built-in media players over the live 'on air' program output. Downstream keyers are the last layers of keying, so they overlay all video switched to the main program output.
To automate complex sequences of precisely timed actions on your ATEM switcher, you can now create powerful shortcuts called macros. Record a sequence of transitions between video sources, including key effects, audio mixer adjustments, camera control settings, and more using the ATEM software or hardware control panel. Macros are saved as XML files that can be edited with a standard text editor, so you can combine them together to build sophisticated sequences that would be impossible to execute manually during a live production. That means you can create unique looks or your programs that can be recalled instantly, copied between switchers, and used repeatedly when you require them.
The four SDI talkback outputs on the ATEM Television Studio HD support mix minus, which is important when you are working with remote interviewees. For example, you could remove input 5 from the program audio on output 5, so the remote interviewee hears everything in the program except themselves talking and won't be distracted by any audio delay.
The built-in audio mixer lets you control camera and external audio with precision level and balance adjustments on all 10 available channels. You can enable or disable channels, or activate audio-follow-video (AFV) mode instantly. Adjust the mixer via the ATEM Control Software or plug in an external Mackie standard USB fader panel.
Multiview allows you to see your sources, graphics, preview, and program outputs on a single screen so you don't need separate monitors for your individual cameras. You get HDMI and SDI multiview outputs so you can connect professional broadcast SDI monitors, computer monitors, or even consumer HDTV sets.
Eliminate external character generators by storing up to 20 broadcast quality RGBA graphic files in the media pool. The two media players appear as input sources to your switcher. You can transition to graphics as full frame video or feed them to the keyers for overlaying video. Popular image formats such as PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG, and TIFF are supported.
ATEM Photoshop Plugin
Use the included Photoshop plugin to create still broadcast graphics and instantly add them to the ATEM Television Studio HD's media pool. Add professional looking logos, lower thirds, scorecards, or other real-time graphics and get them on air in no time.
Any items which are in stock, will be dispatched immediately - same day if possible and morning of the following business day at the latest. Items which are not in stock at our local warehouse will be routed to us, and dispatched immediately upon arrival to us. In that case, the estimated dispatch time is noted on the product page.
Note that you are always welcome to email email@example.com or call (+372) 5556 0057 for a more accurate shipping time estimate, as this does vary depending on a number of factors.
Unless otherwise noted, all items are shipped standard via DPD. We normally ship to European Union countries only – do contact us for possible exceptions, particularly other European mainland countries. Shipping times vary between 1 to 10 business days within Europe – an up to date estimate will be given at checkout.
Our shipping partner for expedited deliveries is DHL Express; please contact us directly for a quote.
Returning an item
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return your item(s) for a full refund within 14 days of confirmed delivery.
Special sales, demo items and promotions may have modified return policies. If an item from a bundle is returned for refund, the total bundle discount or the total value of the gifts will get deducted from the returned item prior to issuing a refund. If the bundle discount (or gift value) exceeds the value of the returned item, the difference must be paid to be able to return the item.
If you would like to return any item(s), please contact us by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (+372) 5556 0057. We will share with you a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) code and ask that you clearly mark this code outside of your shipping box as you ship your item(s) back for a refund.
You will be liable for the shipping and any applicable customs/duty fees returning the item(s).
If the return is made due to a faulty product, or an incorrectly shipped product, or if you are returning the item(s) due to a defect, or functionality issue, or because it is not the item you have ordered, we will gladly email or mail a return shipping label covering all shipping related expenses. In order to determine whether the return is initiated due to a technical problem, we may ask for you to provide visual support like images or a video on the item(s).
Returned merchandise must be in its original packaging, and placed in a decent shipping box, e.g. the same box that we shipped the items to you in. Please make sure to clearly mark the RMA code you have received from us outside on the box.
Do not forget to cover or peel off any existing shipping labels on the box.
DIT Supplies OÜ cannot be held accountable for return shipments that have not reached us or returns made without RMA codes. We strongly advise that if you are returning the item(s) with a carrier of your choice that you use a traceable shipping method.
It may take 4-5 business days for your return to reach us. Once it is received and inspected, your refund will be processed and automatically applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 14 business days. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2-4 business days after your credit is applied for it to post to your account.
Customs, duties & taxes
There are no customs duties or taxes on orders shipping within the EU. Orders shipped outside of the EU may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees collected by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are collected once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be paid for by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; and when customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates. We advise that you contact your local customs office for more information.