- Thunderbolt 3 interface for lightning fast transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices
- Power delivery provides up to 27W of power to recharge compatible laptops
- Dedicated DisplayPort for additional monitor to expand the workspace
- Holds up to four 2.5” or 3.5" drives with SATA 6Gb/s interface
- Removable trays for easy SSD and HDD installation
- Two big handles makes it easy to carry the device
- Large fan for active cooling with power switch
- Kensington security slot
Thunderbolt™ 3Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps, creating one compact port that does it all – delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. For the first time, one computer port connects to Thunderbolt devices, every display, and billions of USB devices. A single cable now provides four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other cable, while also supplying power to bus-powered devices.
The Thunder3 Quad X has two Thunderbolt 3 ports. The second port operates the same as a Thunderbolt 3 computer port by supporting Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
The dedicated DisplayPort connector makes it easy to connect an additional monitor to extend your workspace and it will free up the second Thunderbolt 3 port for other Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
Designed to house up to four 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch drives, the tray based system allows for easy installation and replacement of either the large desktop hard disk drives or the portable laptop drives and SSD's.
Note: Spare trays are sold separately in a set of four trays, extra screws and drive labels
Power Delivery (27W)
The reversible USB Type-C (USB-C) connector enhances ease of use for connecting devices with a focus on minimizing user confusion for plug and cable orientation. The Thunder3 Quad X also supports power delivery (PD) over USB-C, providing 27W of power to compatible laptops like the MacBook Pro (late 2016) that support charging through the USB-C cable. This allows you to recharge your battery even though the laptop is not plugged into any other power source.
Both Thunderbolt 3 ports provide 27W of power, so it doesn't matter which port you connect to the computer and if you plug in another device that is compatible with USB PD (power delivery) to the second port, you can also charge at 27W.
Faster Backup and Data Duplication
With the free AKiTiO Data Multiplier application, backing up and duplicating files is faster than ever. Designed with video editors and data imaging technicians in mind, the application requires only a few clicks to simultaneously copy the files from one drive and duplicate them onto up to three other drives.
With Software RAID, the Thunder3 Quad X provides users the ability to edit and playback multiple streams of HD and/or 4K content with enough headroom to simultaneously daisy-chain additional monitors and storage devices.
For traditional hard disk drives (HDDs), depending on the RPM, the maximum transfer rate for a single drive (Non-RAID) is around 100-200 MB/s. When using four drives in a striped RAID set (RAID 0), the maximum transfer rate is therefore somewhere around 700-800 MB/s.
For solid state drives (SSDs), the maximum transfer speed is limited by the PCIe to SATA controller inside the Thunder3 Quad X to around 370 MB/s per drive. Because of this limitation, the maximum transfer rate for four striped drives (RAID 0) is about 1480 MB/s, despite the fact that the Thunderbolt 3 interface is capable of speeds faster than that
Model Thunder3 Quad X
Part No.T3QX-T3DIAY-AKTU (without drives)
- Thunderbolt™ technology
Warranty2-year limited warranty
Case materialHigh quality aluminum for optimized heat dissipation
ApplicationUp to four 2.5" or 3.5" SATA hard disk drives or solid state drives
- 2 x Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) ports
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.2
- Thunderbolt 3 up to 40 Gbps
- DisplayPort 1.2 (4K at 60 Hz)
System requirements (PC)
- Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Computer with Thunderbolt™ 3 port
System requirements (Mac)
- macOS 10.12.4 and later
- Computer with Thunderbolt™ 3 port
- Operating Temperature: 5°C ~ 35°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C ~ 60°C
- Relative Humidity: 5% ~ 95% (non-condensing)
- Internal 200W power supply (UL, CE, CB, TUV approved)
- Input: AC 100-240V, 50Hz-60Hz
- Output: DC +12V/16.6A
Fan noise level17.7 dB(A)
- 9.53 inches x 5.31 inches x 8.75 inches
- 24.2cm x 13.5cm x 22.2cm
- Thunder3 Quad X enclosure (drives not included)
- Thunderbolt 3 USB-C cable
- Setup guide
- Retail Box Size: 12.9 x 10.7 x 8.4 in. (32.7 x 27.2 x 21.4 cm)
- Carton Size (2pcs per carton): 17.7 x 13.6 x 11.8 in. (45 x 34.5 x 30 cm)
- When connected to a Thunderbolt 2 computer via Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter or when connected behind another Thunderbolt device in a daisy chain, power delivery will not be supported.
- This product was designed for use with the fan on and passed engineering tests with the fan on. We have added a fan switch that can turn off the fan when a low-noise environment is needed. However, the device should only be used for short periods of time with the fan in the OFF position as prolonged use may cause the device to overheat and this may cause damage to the system, cause issues to data integrity, reduce system reliability and/or shorten the lifespan of the electrical components. For best results, we recommend that the device not be used continuously for more than 30 minutes with the fan in the OFF position.
- The DisplayPort does not support DP++. When using an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter, make sure to use an active adapter.
- This product has components or design elements that are patented or patent pending.
Any items which are in stock, will be dispatched immediately - same day if possible and morning of the following business day at the latest. Items which are not in stock at our local warehouse will be routed to us, and dispatched immediately upon arrival to us. In that case, the estimated dispatch time is noted on the product page.
Note that you are always welcome to email email@example.com or call (+372) 5556 0057 for a more accurate shipping time estimate, as this does vary depending on a number of factors.
Unless otherwise noted, all items are shipped standard via DPD. We normally ship to European Union countries only – do contact us for possible exceptions, particularly other European mainland countries. Shipping times vary between 1 to 10 business days within Europe – an up to date estimate will be given at checkout.
Our shipping partner for expedited deliveries is DHL Express; please contact us directly for a quote.
Returning an item
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return your item(s) for a full refund within 14 days of confirmed delivery.
Special sales, demo items and promotions may have modified return policies. If an item from a bundle is returned for refund, the total bundle discount or the total value of the gifts will get deducted from the returned item prior to issuing a refund. If the bundle discount (or gift value) exceeds the value of the returned item, the difference must be paid to be able to return the item.
If you would like to return any item(s), please contact us by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (+372) 5556 0057. We will share with you a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) code and ask that you clearly mark this code outside of your shipping box as you ship your item(s) back for a refund.
You will be liable for the shipping and any applicable customs/duty fees returning the item(s).
If the return is made due to a faulty product, or an incorrectly shipped product, or if you are returning the item(s) due to a defect, or functionality issue, or because it is not the item you have ordered, we will gladly email or mail a return shipping label covering all shipping related expenses. In order to determine whether the return is initiated due to a technical problem, we may ask for you to provide visual support like images or a video on the item(s).
Returned merchandise must be in its original packaging, and placed in a decent shipping box, e.g. the same box that we shipped the items to you in. Please make sure to clearly mark the RMA code you have received from us outside on the box.
Do not forget to cover or peel off any existing shipping labels on the box.
DIT Supplies OÜ cannot be held accountable for return shipments that have not reached us or returns made without RMA codes. We strongly advise that if you are returning the item(s) with a carrier of your choice that you use a traceable shipping method.
It may take 4-5 business days for your return to reach us. Once it is received and inspected, your refund will be processed and automatically applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 14 business days. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2-4 business days after your credit is applied for it to post to your account.
Customs, duties & taxes
There are no customs duties or taxes on orders shipping within the EU. Orders shipped outside of the EU may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees collected by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are collected once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be paid for by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; and when customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates. We advise that you contact your local customs office for more information.